Makes approx. 20 biscuits
250g mature cheddar or any strongly flavoured cheese
250g eggs (about 4 to 5 eggs depending on size – weigh them with shells)
125g plain flour
125g toasted amaranth flour
1 extra egg
1. Combine all ingredients (except extra egg and pepper) in a food processor.
2. Divide the mixture into two and roll into two long tubes.
3. Chill in the deep freezer for 30 minutes.
4. Slice the chilled mixture into 5 mm biscuits.
5. Place on a greased tray and brush each biscuit with a little egg wash, top with black pepper.
6. Bake, at 175°C (preheated oven) for 10-12 minutes or until golden. Remove from the oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool.