• 1 bunch of fresh amaranth leaves
• 2 thick bacon strips, cut in pieces
• 3-4 garlic cloves minced
• 1 medium onion
• ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
• 1 sprig of fresh thyme
• 1 tomato
• 1 whole chili pepper
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. Cut leaves and soft stems from the amaranth branches; soak them in a bowl of cold water for about 5-10 minutes or until finished with prep.
2. Proceed to slicing the onion, mincing the garlic and dicing the tomato. Set aside.
3. Remove amaranth leaves from water and cut in chunks.
4. Place bacon pieces in saucepan and cook until crispy. Then add onion, garlic, thyme, stir for about a minute.
5. Add tomato, chili pepper and smoked paprika. Sauté for about 2-3 more minutes.
6. Finally add vegetable, salt, mix well, and steam for a few minutes until leaves are tender. Add a tiny bit of water if needed. Adjust seasoning and turn off the heat.