90g amaranth grain
200 ml water
A handful of marula nuts
1-2 tablespoons maple syrup
1. Soak the amaranth in a bowl with enough water and leave overnight.
2. The following morning, rinse the amaranth and drain.
3. Add the amaranth and 200ml of water to a pan and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low, cover the pan and let it simmer for 15 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, cut up your fruit (if required); toast the marula nuts briefly in a frying pan and chop.
5. Remove the amaranth from the heat and let it stand for about 10 minutes so that it thickens into a porridge.
6. You can then add some milk to it (to make it thinner or for the taste) and a little cinnamon and stir well.
7. Divide the porridge over two bowls. Sprinkle fruit and nuts over it and drizzle with a little maple syrup.
Enjoy your breakfast!