200g plain, sweet biscuits (e.g. Digestive biscuits)
200g white chocolate
250g cream cheese
250g mascarpone cheese
A handful of rosella calyces
2 Tbsp powdered gelatine
1. Crush the biscuits finely, by putting them in a plastic bag and smashing them with a rolling pin. Melt the butter, add the crushed biscuits and mix well.
2. Pour the mixture into a springform pan (spray the tin with oil or line with baking paper). Press the biscuit mixture over the base with the back of a spoon. Cool while preparing the rest of the recipe.
3. Whisk the cream cheese until the mixture is homogeneous.
Add the mascarpone cheese.
Melt the white chocolate and add to the mixture.
4. Pour the mixture onto the biscuit-base. Smooth the surface and put back in the fridge.
5. Meanwhile, prepare your rosella coulis. Infuse the rosella calyces in 150ml of hot water.
6. Add the rosella brew and the sugar to a saucepan and bring to a boil. Add 2 tablespoons of gelatine. Let cook for about 5 minutes then turn off the heat.
Let the rosella coulis cool for 15 min. You’ll get a kind of jelly.
7. Remove the cheesecake from the refrigerator and pour the rosella coulis on top.
8. Refrigerate for another 2h at least and serve very cold! Use a knife dipped in hot water to cut the cheesecake.
Translated from http://www.afro-cooking.com/pimante/