400g raw nuts (almonds, cashews, pecans, marula, mongongo and/or hacha nuts)
salt to taste
1 Tbsp chilli paste
3 Tbsp honey
3 Tbsp oil
1. Pre-heat oven to 150°C and pre-heat a frying pan. Add the oil and butter to the pan. Cook over medium heat until frothy and add the honey.
2. Add the nuts to the pan and cook until golden brown, shaking the pan regularly. Add the chilli paste and salt and mix well.
3. Strain off any excess liquid and transfer the nuts to a large baking tray, lined with baking paper.
4. Roast in the oven for about 25 minutes; remove from the heat and leave to cool.
5. When completely cool, store in an airtight container. If the nuts become soft, repeat step 4.