2 cups sugar
1 heaped Tbsp baobab powder (optional)
1 ½ cups marula nuts
1. Stir together sugar, baobab powder and 1/2 cup water in a saucepan. Then leave it, without stirring, until sugar begins to melt and turns golden. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until sugar has melted completely and mixture turns golden amber, about 10 minutes.
2. Remove pan from heat. Stir in marula nuts.
3. Immediately pour mixture onto a non-stick baking tray. Spread mixture as thick as you like.
4. Once cooled completely, break into bite-size pieces.
5. Brittle can be stored in an airtight container, for up to 2 weeks.