1 roll ready-made short crust pastry
For the filling:
200g marula nuts
100g dark brown sugar
1 Tbsp honey
4 Tbsp thick cream
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 175°C. Grease and flour a pie dish/round pan.
2. Roll out the ready-made pastry onto the pan and trim off any excess dough.
3. Toast the marula nuts lightly (10 min) and chop up 150g, set the rest aside for topping.
4. On low heat, melt sugar, honey and vanilla extract. Remove from the stove and add the cream, eggs (one at a time), and the chopped nuts.
5. Pour into the pan, sprinkle the remaining nuts on top and bake until ready, about 45 minutes.