- 1kg potatoes
- 400g toasted amaranth flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 50g butter margarine
- 1 heaped teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Salt and pepper
- Additional flour to roll gnocchi
- Peel, chop and boil potatoes with salt. When ready, mash with the butter till smooth.
- In a large bowl, mix the egg, nutmeg, oil and some salt. Add the flour and the mashed potatoes and mix together until you have a smooth paste.
- Divide the paste into 6 and form thin logs. Cut them into 1 cm pieces.
- You can shape the gnocchi into balls and flatten them with your fingers or a fork. Make sure they are sufficiently covered in flour so they don’t stick together.
- To cook the gnocchi, bring a large pot of salt water to the boil. Throw the gnocchi in the water and as soon as they come back to the top, take them out (about 2 min) otherwise they will dissolve. Strain the gnocchi.