- 3 cups of amaranth, sorghum or millet grains
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 large onion
- 1 bunch fresh mint
- 1 bunch coriander
- ½ yellow pepper
- 50g raisins
- 2 large lemons
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- To cook the amaranth, toast the seeds until golden brown. Boil in large quantity of salt water until ready (about 20min). Rinse under the tap to remove excess starch. Amaranth should still be crunchy, but shouldn't taste hard or gritty.
- Chop up tomatoes and discard the seeds. Chop up onion, yellow pepper and fresh herbs.
- Mix olive oil, juice of the lemons, salt and pepper.
- Combine all ingredients together with the raisins and the rind of the lemons. Adjust seasoning.
- Chill for 3 hours before serving.