Amaranth breakfast with bananas, marula nuts and maple syrup
- 90g amaranth grain
- 200 ml water
- Fresh fruit
- A handful of marula nuts
- 1-2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Milk (optional)
- Cinnamon (optional)
- Soak the amaranth in a bowl with enough water and leave overnight.
- The following morning, rinse the amaranth under the tap (in a colander) and drain.
- Add the amaranth and 200ml of water to a pan and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low, cover the pan and let it simmer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut up your fruit (if required) and chop the marula nuts.
- Toast the nuts briefly in a frying pan.
- Remove the amaranth from the heat and let it stand for about 10 minutes so that it thickens into a porridge.
- You can then add some milk to it (to make it thinner or for the taste) and a little cinnamon and stir well.
- Divide the porridge over two bowls. Sprinkle fruit and nuts over it and drizzle with a little maple syrup.
- Enjoy your breakfast!