Amaranth Cheese Biscuits
- 250g mature cheddar or any strongly flavoured cheese
- 250g butter
- 250g eggs (about 4 to 5 eggs depending on size - weigh them with shells on)
- 125g plain flour
- 125g toasted amaranth flour
- 1 extra egg
- Combine all ingredients (except extra egg and pepper) in a food processor.
- Divide the mixture into two and roll into two long tubes.
- Chill in the deep freezer for 30 minutes.
- Slice the chilled mixture into 5 mm biscuits.
- Place on a greased tray and brush each biscuit with a little egg wash, top with black pepper.
- Bake, at 175ºC (preheated oven) for 10-12 minutes or until golden. Remove from the oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool.