Healthy Popped Amaranth Crispy Treats
- 2 1/2 cups popped amaranth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2/3 cup dark chocolate
- Mix the popped amaranth and salt together in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Line a square baking dish (20 x 20cm should do the trick) with baking paper.
- In a small pan, heat the peanut butter and honey together. Stir until it’s liquid and easy to pour.
- Pour it over the amaranth mixture and stir with a wooden spoon until everything is combined.
- Transfer the mixture to your prepared baking dish, and flatten with the back of a plastic spatula. Place in the fridge while you melt the chocolate.
- Melt the chocolate over a double boiler. Simmer a little water in a saucepan. Stack a metal or glass bowl on top of the saucepan, making sure the bowl fits snugly and the water doesn’t touch the bottom of the bowl. The steam from the simmering water will heat the bowl gently and evenly.
- Once melted, remove the amaranth bars from the fridge and pour the chocolate mixture over them. Make sure they are entirely coated. Return the dish to the fridge until cool and the chocolate has completely hardened (few hours).