Popped amaranth balls
- 1 cup popped amaranth
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 3-4 tbsp. honey or maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped mongongo nuts (roasted)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- dark chocolate, melted
- Mix the peanut butter, honey/maple syrup, and vanilla extract in a bowl. Heat in a saucepan, if the mixture is too firm.
- Add the popped amaranth and the crushed mongongo nuts to the mixture and mix well. Place in the refrigerator for 15 minutes. This is important, otherwise the mixture is too sticky to roll into balls.
- Knead the mixture into 12 balls and put back in the refrigerator for another 15 minutes.
- Dip balls in melted dark chocolate, let cool and serve.