Salad With Popped Amaranth Grains
- 40 g amaranth
- 75 g mixed lettuce
- 1/2 cucumber (diced)
- 40 g raisins
- 150 g seedless white grapes
- 100 g Brie cheese (cut in small cubes)
- 75 g marula nuts
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 15 ml olive oil
- 10 ml balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey (optional)
For the salad:
For the dressing:
- Heat a dry pan on your stove until it is very hot. Throw a handful of amaranth into the pan at a time; it will pop instantly! Make sure they don’t burn!
- Meanwhile, combine all the other salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Whisk the mustard with olive oil, balsamic vinegar and honey for the dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and serve the popped amaranth on top.