Sarah Graham’s Baobab Ginger Beer
- 100g fresh ginger, peeled
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tbsp baobab powder
- ¼ cup coconut sugar (or sticky brown sugar)
- 2 large lemons, juice of both and zest of 1 (if you like)
- 1 cup just-boiled water
- 750ml sparkling water
- Fresh mint and lemon slices and lots of ice, to serve
- Blitz the fresh ginger and baobab powder in a handheld blender or food processor.
- Mix all of the ingredients except the water together in a small pot, add in 1 cup of water and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until the sugar has dissolved. Leave to cool and steep for a further 5-10 minutes.
- Strain the mixture to a glass jug or wide-necked bottle, top with sparkling water, and refrigerate until needed, or serve immediately over ice with fresh mint and lemon wedges.