Carrot cake (with local flour)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 125 ml cooking oil
- 100 g white sorghum toasted meal
- 130 g self raising flour
- ½ teaspoon bicarbonate soda
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 150 g peeled and grated carrots
- ½ tin pie apples, mashed
- 125 g desiccated coconut
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees C. Grease and flour a 20cm square pan.
- Mix eggs and sugar until creamy. Add the cooking oil.
- Fold in flours, bicarb, cinnamon, salt and coconut.
- Fold in grated carrots and pie apples
- Pour into baking tray (it should be about 3cm high) and cook until ready! About 25 minutes. Do not overcook.
Optional: add 50g of toasted and chopped marula nuts to the cake.