Coconut and Lime Cake
- 125g butter
- Rind of 1 big lemon
- 1 cup castor sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- 70g cake flour
- 100g white sorghum toasted meal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees C. Grease and flour a round pan.
- Combine and mix butter, sugar and lemon peel until creamy.
- Add eggs one at a time and fold in remaining ingredients.
- Pour into greased baking tray (it should be about 3cm high) and bake until ready! About 25 minutes. Do not overcook.
- Icing: 1 cup icing sugar, 25ml lemon juice, 10ml water.
- Mix and poor over cool cake.
This cake is best made in the morning for afternoon tea.