Variations on this basic recipe are endless! Try adding seeds, raisins, dried fruit, dark chocolate, orange zest, spices, etc.
- 50g oats
- 50g roasted (mixed) nuts
- 200g dates (pitted)
- 20ml peanut butter
- 15ml (coconut) oil or melted butter
- Toppings (optional): cocoa powder – grated coconut – finely chopped roasted nuts – sesame seeds – popped amaranth - ...
- Soak dates in very hot water (as hot as your tap will go) for about 15 minutes to soften them up.
- Grind oats and nuts in a strong food processor until they resemble a coarse flour.
- Add dates, peanut butter and oil. Blend to create a coarse mixture.
- Knead into 15-20 small balls, which you can then coat (roll into) with grated coconut, cocoa powder, or finely chopped roasted nuts, etc.
- Refrigerate before serving (about 15 min).