Giant Chocolate chip and Marula nut cookies
- 100g marula nuts, roughly chopped
- 250g butter, at room temperature
- 400g brown sugar
- 5ml vanilla essence
- 2 eggs
- 400g cake flour
- 5ml baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 100g dark chocolate bits (choc chips)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C and line baking tray(s) with baking paper.
- Toast and chop nuts, chop chocolate, and set aside
- Cream together butter, sugar and vanilla essence until light and fluffy
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well.
- Sift together the flour, salt and baking powder. Add to the butter mixture.
- Add choc bits and nuts and mix until well combined.
- Drop heaped teaspoons (sufficiently apart) of the cookie mixture onto the baking tray(s). Bake until golden brown (12-15 min), remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly, then remove from baking paper onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.