- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup brown wheat toasted meal
- Rind of 1 lemon
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons soft stork margarine
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 30 ml milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 200g chopped marula nuts
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees C.
- Roast nuts until golden (15 min). Remove the skins as much as possible.
- Mix all dry ingredients, rub in butter and nuts then add the milk mixed with vanilla essence and eggs. Mix well. Use hands.
- With floured hands, get dough together. Divide into 3 (20cm) long fat sausages, place in greased tray and bake for about 30 min. Turn half way to brown on both sides.
- Slice carefully (1cm thick slices) and finish drying in the oven (70 degrees C, slightly open oven, for as much as 2 hours).