Marula Nut Pie
- 1 roll ready-made short crust pastry
- 200g marula nuts
- 100g dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons thick cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees C. Grease and flour a pie dish/round pan.
- Roll out the ready-made pastry. Roll the pastry onto the pan and cut of the excess dough.
- Toast the marula nuts lightly (10 min) and chop up 150g, set the rest aside for topping.
- On low heat, melt sugar, honey and vanilla extract. Remove from the stove and add the cream, eggs (one at a time), and the chopped nuts.
- Pour into the pan, lay out remaining nuts on top and bake until ready! About 45 minutes.