Apricot & Marula Nut Chutney
By Jeanine Sandall
- 1,125g apricots, pitted and quartered
- 450g onion, chopped
- 450g sugar (brown or white)
- 2 cups sultanas
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 2 teaspoons mustard seeds
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup marula nuts
- Place all ingredients EXCEPT marula nuts in a thick-bottomed pan. Place on stove and bring to the boil, stirring continuously.
- Turn heat down and allow to simmer for 1.5 hours.
- Remove from heat and stir in marula nuts (toasted if preferred).
- Bottle in sterilised bottles and seal when hot.
Delicious with cold meats and cheese or added to stews and casseroles