No-bake Baobab and Ginger Cheesecake
- 11 ginger biscuits
- 85g butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup condensed milk
- 300g cream cheese
- Rind of 1 lemon
- 4 heaped tablespoons baobab powder
- 6 teaspoons ginger jam
- 1 level teaspoon (in 2 teaspoons hot water) / 2 leaves of gelatine
- Crush the biscuits and mix with butter and sugar before lining the bottom of your spring form pan. Leave to rest in the freezer for at least 10 min.
- Dissolve gelatine in warm water and set aside.
- Beat the condensed milk, cream cheese, lemon rind, ginger jam (warmed up, bits of ginger and melon removed) and baobab powder. Fold in the gelatine, mix well before pouring over the biscuit base.
- Cover with cling film and refrigerate until set, about 3 hours.
- Before serving, decorate the cheese cake with the small pieces of (cleaned) ginger and melon from the jam and slices of preserved ginger.