- 500g white sorghum toasted meal
- 100g self raising flour
- 225g dark brown sugar
- Zest and juice of 1 large orange
- 3 eggs
- 20cl vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
- ½ tin pie apples, mashed
- 50g raisins
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees. Grease and flour a round pan.
- Combine 200g sugar, orange peel and juice until creamy before adding the eggs one at a time and the cooking oil.
- Fold in flours and baking powder, almonds, raisins, cinnamon and honey.
- Incorporate pie apples.
- Pour mixture into baking tin and sprinkle with sesame seeds and remaining sugar.
- Bake until ready! About 45 minutes