500g white sorghum toasted meal
100g self raising flour
225g dark brown sugar
Zest and juice of 1 large orange
200ml vegetable oil
1 Tbsp honey
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
½ tin pie apples, mashed
2 Tbsp slivered almonds
1 Tbsp sesame seeds
1. Preheat oven to 175°C. Grease and flour a round pan.
2. Combine 200g sugar, orange zest and juice until creamy before adding the eggs, one at a time and the cooking oil.
3. Fold in flours and baking powder, baking soda, almonds, raisins, cinnamon and honey.
4. Incorporate pie apples.
5. Pour mixture into baking tin and sprinkle with sesame seeds and remaining sugar.
6. Bake until ready, about 45 minutes.